Sunday, December 6, 2020

The official last day of the Schenectady Railway’s Saratoga Division...December 6th, 1941.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=15VK52HuGO4P3KRamoWoYca1HBN_RtKLN.  

Here is the last car to leave Schenectady for Saratoga Springs, December 6th 1941.  The last run left the corner of Nott Street and Park Place in the 11 o’clock hour.  It’s return trip to Veeder Yard on Van Vranken Ave was a 1:30 am, December 7th.  So technically, the last run was on the 6th!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1HJSBOfs8KgfAr7il6_N74qMsTmFYv_Gd

Here is a trip from earlier in the day.  Seen her is the interesting wooden trestle that crossed the Troy and Schenectady Railroad at Aqueduct (Craig).  Several clubs used the last day of service to get together and ride to Saratoga Springs, one last time.  Stops were made Along the way for photos and souvenirs...

No comments:

Post a Comment